Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Pagatronix forum!

The forum is no longer in use, but if you're interested in what some idiots wrote some years ago, go for it.

TOPIC: New Concrete?

New Concrete? 14 May 2010 14:04 #1221

• Papa Fraud
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6

After over a whole minute's searching, I can't find whether Paul Chadwick is working on new Concrete stuff. His blog seems to suggest that he is.

I hope so. Any ideas? He should do a nice happy Hollywood ending for The World Below while he's at it.

Can you recommend some more comics to read? You know the kind of thing.
Don't you know that racism amongst future kings can only lead to no good?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Concrete? 15 May 2010 06:19 #1226

• Foxy Jim`ll
  • Platinum Boarder

It's been a long time so it wouldn't surprise me if he was.

I'll have a think - one thing that springs to mind is Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O'Malley. I've only read the first volume but I've bought the others on the strength of that. Each volume is approx 200 pages and in a smaller format to standard comics. The art is black and white. Soon to be a major motion picture, directed by Edgar Wright. Google and read and see what you think. I'd lend you the first book but I lent it to someone and they're keeping it in a drawer.

I'll have a think and see if I come up with any other suggestions.

Re: New Concrete? 21 Aug 2010 13:12 #1304

• The Shadow
  • Gold Boarder
  • What?

apparently the following is an extra scene, not in the film but in the comics. will probably be on the dvd.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350" data="i.adultswim.com/adultswim/video2/tools/swf/viralplayer.swf"]

</embed>
</object>

[hmm - works when i'm editing post, but doesn't seem to when it's posted. oh well, try here
The Shadow knows

Re: New Concrete? 11 Sep 2010 11:30 #1346

• Foxy Jim`ll
  • Platinum Boarder

I watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World this week. Really enjoyed it.

I was a bit concerned at first that the books were a bit too fresh in my head, and at first I couldn't stop thinking about how it compared - partly cos Michael Cera wasn't really how I had Scott pictured in my head, although most of the other characters are pretty faithful/close to how I imagined them.

Anyway, I got over it by the first fight, and - as I was hoping - as the film went on it stayed faithful in spirit to the comics but became it's own thing and not just a straight adaptation. They streamlined it and got rid of a few characters. And I think they improved the finale.

Good fun. It made me wish that I was a bigger video-game geek too as I probably missed some of those references.
Time to create page: 0.573 seconds